- Fight against inflation is not over
- Price pressures are strong, broad-based
- If we are to tame this “stubborn” inflation, we have to be “even more stubborn”
- There is still some way to go before reaching restrictive territory on rates
- Eurozone banking system is resilient, not facing repeat of 2008
The above remarks come with an interview via the FT here (may be gated). Being the German that he is, it is no surprise to see such hawkish remarks from Nagel. It seems like he will fly the banner to push policymakers at the central bank to quickly move on from the whole banking turmoil in the past week or so.